Scripps Ranch Theatre’s 9th Annual “Out On A Limb:
New Plays from America’s Finest City”
July 10-19, 2020
Friday, Saturday at 8pm, Sunday at 2pm
Six 10 minute plays will be performed each night
Tickets: $20 (Discounts available for Season Ticket Holders)
Scripps Ranch Theatre’s “Out on a Limb: New Plays from America’s Finest City,” is designed to create and stage new one-act plays. The program strives to develop and produce new work that will engage playwrights and theater artists in Southern California. It is our intention to celebrate diversity, to entertain, educate, and expand the horizons of our patrons and develop new audiences, and to contribute to the cultural and economic growth of our community.
Currently Accepting Submissions
Scripps Ranch Theatre is currently accepting scripts for its 9th annual Out On A Limb new play festival. The deadline is March 6, 2020.
Please only submit finished works (no treatments or drafts). Plays must not exceed 10 minutes. Please read below for more information.
After your play has been received it will be reviewed. We will make a final selection of 6 plays to present in performances on July 10-12 and 17-19. If your play is selected you will receive a stipend to present your play in the performances.
This year we are continuing our exciting element of awarding CASH PRIZES! Each play will be judged by a distinguished panel of judges and our audience. At the end of the sixth performance all of the scores from all of the performances will be tallied. We will then award a first, second and third prize. The prize money will be divided among the playwright, director and actors.
- Your play must not exceed 10 minutes.
- Please do not submit musicals.
- Your play must be a new and unpublished work.
- Please include a brief synopsis of your play.
- Please include your name and email along with your submission.
- Your work must be submitted by the deadline of March 6, 2020
- We will produce your play and you do not need to self produce.
- There is no fee to submit your work
- Your play does need to be about San Diego.
- You do not need to reside in California to submit.
Please submit your works to: OOAL@scrippsranchtheatre.org
Producer and Artistic Director of OOAL 2020